Most charitable gifts to Westminster Seminary California are given in the form of cash because this is so familiar. However, this may not be the most cost-effective way for you to give.
You can increase your potential impact – and experience significant tax savings – by giving non-cash assets.
Examples of Non-Cash Assets
- Stock or marketable securities
- Real estate
- Business interests
- Farm commodities
- Life insurance
- IRA charitable rollover (for donors ages 70 ½ and above)
- Tangible personal property
Benefits of Giving Non-Cash Assets
- Tax-wise. Receive a fair market value deduction at the time of your gift and avoid tax liability on the sale of appreciated assets.
- Eliminate hassles. Give assets that you no longer need or want to manage (such as rental properties of vacation homes) for the benefit of Westminster Seminary California.
- The Cure for Your Real Estate Headaches
- What Your Stuff Is Telling You
- The Hat Trick of Giving Stock
- Why Giving From Your IRA Still Makes Sense
- It’s About Time for a Donor-Advised Fund
Request your free copy of “Smart and Powerful Giving: Increase Your Impact through Planned Gifts.”