Welcome to Westminster Seminary California! We are excited that you will be joining our seminary community. On this page, you will find information regarding New Student Registration and a few other notes to make your transition to WSC as smooth as possible.
In addition to registering for classes, here are a few things you'll want to do over the coming weeks or months as you prepare to begin your studies at Westminster Seminary California:
- Prepare for the English Bible Exam. Those who pass will be exempt from taking OT520 English Bible Survey in the Spring. See the Academic Policies & Information section of the Catalogue for more information.
- Prepare for Greek/Hebrew Placement Exams (optional; these exams are intended for those with previous language study).
- Submit an Academic Paper for waiver of PT400 Graduate Theological Writing via email to email@example.com (optional; deadline is August 15th).
- Attend New Student Orientation.
June 29 - New student registration deadline. $100 Enrollment Deposit Due; $50 Late Fee for registration after this date.
July 17* - Greek Placement Exam, 9am (Hebrew by appointment; contact Registrar)
July 18 - Summer Greek I begins, 8am
Aug. 18 - Summer Greek I ends
Aug. 22 - Summer Greek I Final Exam, 1pm
Aug. 23-25 - Break
Aug. 28-30 - New Student Orientation & Reception
Aug. 30 - English Bible Exam, 2pm
Aug. 31 - First day of Fall Semester classes
Oct. 30-Nov. 3 - Registration for Winter and Spring
Dec. 1-11 - Registration for Winter and Spring (New Students)
Jan. 9 - Winter classes begin
Feb. 12 - Spring New Student Orientation
Feb. 13 - Spring classes begin
*Other dates available upon request; please contact the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2023 Summer/Fall New Student Registration
1) Review the appropriate Degree Calendar for your degree. The degree program listed in your student profile in Populi is the program you provided on your application. If you decide to pursue a different degree program, you will need to submit a request form to the Registrar. Sign up for the classes listed in the first semester of appropriate degree calendar; following a degree calendar when signing up for classes helps you to complete your degree efficiently and to avoid course conflicts in future semesters.
2) Review Summer and Fall 2023 course schedules below:
3) Watch this Populi tutorial video entitled "How Do I Register for Courses?", then log in to the Populi Student Information System to register during the designated registration period (contact the Registrar if you are unable to register). Please note the following:
- You should register for all classes you may need to take this term, including those for which you hope to obtain advanced placement or test out, such as Greek or Hebrew language courses, PT400 Graduate Theological Writing, and PT410 Oral Communication. You will be automatically removed (without charge) from any courses for which you receive a waiver.
If you are registering for two terms (i.e. Summer/Fall or Winter/Spring) you will need to change the term directly under the profile menu to get to the other term.
You must register for Greek I (Summer) before you can register for Greek II (Fall).
4) Pay the $100 Enrollment Deposit which is due by June 29 (Fall start), December 15 (Winter start), or January 1 (Spring Start). You can pay by credit or debit card in Populi (under the financial tab) or by sending a check to:
Westminster Seminary California
Office of Admissions
1725 Bear Valley Pkwy
Escondido, CA 92027
5) Once you are registered, you should see pending tuition charges for the courses you selected as well as any pending aid in the Financial Tab of your Populi account. Please note, however, that if you have been awarded a scholarship based on a percentage of your tuition, the actual amount may not be calculated yet. You will receive an invoice for these courses prior to the beginning of the term. Invoice dates: July 7 (for Summer), August 4 (for Fall), December 15 (for Winter), and January 15 (for Spring).
If you would like to make a payment sooner, you are welcome to do that through Populi or by sending a check to our business office. More information regarding tuition and fees, payment schedules, refunds, etc. is available in the Financial Information appendix of the Academic Catalogue, found here.
If you have any further questions about New Student Registration, please contact the Registrar (email@example.com).