As a Title IV participating school, Westminster Seminary California students are eligible for Federal Stafford Loans. Through the Stafford Loan program, students may borrow up to $20,500 per year to fund their educational costs (tuition, fees and most living expenses). Each Stafford loan has a fixed interest rate. Repayment is deferred during full and half-time enrollment and for six months after graduation. Students who drop below half-time enrollment status will have a six month grace period before repayment begins. To be eligible for assistance through the Federal Stafford Student Loan program, students must be enrolled at least half-time (registered for 6 or more academic credits per semester).
You may be eligible to borrow money under the Stafford Program if you are a regular student, admitted and enrolled in an approved program for the purpose of obtaining a degree at Westminster Seminary California, and you satisfy the following:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Male students must be registered with the Selective Service
- Have educational financial need
- Sign a Master Promissory Note or have an active MPN on file with the U.S. Department of Education
- Complete and submit the WSC Federal Loan application to the WSC Financial Aid Office
- List Westminster Seminary California as one of the schools you plan to attend on your FAFSA. Our Title IV Code is G22768.
- Complete graduate loan counseling
- Use Federal Stafford Loans solely for educational purposes
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in a declared program of study
- Not be in default on any Federal student loan.
Loan Application Process
1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
2. Submit the WSC Federal Loan Application
Please contact the Financial Aid Coordinator if you have any questions regarding the loan application process.