As a Title IV participating school, Westminster Seminary California students are eligible for federal Stafford Loans. Through the Stafford Loan program, you may borrow up to $20,500 per year to fund your educational costs (tuition, fees and most living expenses). Interest rates for the Stafford programa are at a variable rate, which is set by July 1each year, and repayment is deferred until six months after graduation or dropping below half-time enrollment status. To be eligible for assistance through the Federal Stafford Student Loan program, you must be enrolled at least half-time (registered for 6 or more academic credits per semester).
You may be eligible to borrow money under the Stafford Program if you are a regular student, admitted and enrolled in an approved program for the purpose of obtaining a degree at Westminster Seminary California, and you satisfy the following provisions:
- Complete and submit all documentation required, and certify the information is true, correct, and accurate
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Male students must be registered with the Selective Service
- Work toward an approved degree program at WSC
- Complete and return the financial aid application
- Westminster Seminary California must be listed as one of the schools you plan to attend in the FAFSA. Our Title IV Code is G22768.
- Must demonstrate a financial need for the cost of education
- Must use federal financial aid funds solely for educational purposes
- Must make satisfactory academic progress in a declared program of study
- Must not be in default on any Federal student loan.
Loan Application Process
Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Step 2: Submit the WSC Federal Loan Application
Step 3: Complete a Master Promisary Note and Complete an Entrance Interview (First time borrowers only)
Please contact the Financial Aid Coordinator if you have any questions regarding the loan application process.