Westminster Seminary California’s financial aid program is available to provide degree seeking students (M.A./ M.Div.) with the financial resources necessary to complete their seminary education. The financial aid program is designed to supplement each student’s own financial resources (i.e. savings, family and church support, and part time employment) through a combination of scholarships, grants, and student loans. The majority of full-time students at WSC receive a scholarship or grant of some kind. Find out all that we have available for you so you can start your seminary career.
How to Apply for Financial Aid:
Step 1: Complete the Application Process
Step 3: Submit the Westminster Seminary California Application for Financial Aid
Step 4: Write & Submit Letters and Essays for Specific Scholarships
Financial Aid Forms
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- WSC Application for Financial Aid (PDF)
- WSC Application for Federal Stafford Loans (PDF)
- Additional Loan Request Form (PDF)
- Loan Deferment Request Form--Direct Loan (PDF)
- Loan Deferment Request Form--FFELP (PDF)
In order to qualify for financial aid at Westminster Seminary California, each student must:
- Be admitted to one of WSC’s Master’s programs (M.A./M.Div.) and enrolled as a full-time student taking 12 or more academic units per semester (student loans are available to half-time students taking 6 or more units)
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0 each semester (some scholarships require higher grade point averages)
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward a degree as outlined in the Academic Catalogue.
Financial Aid Opportunities
Non-Repayable Scholarships and Grants
WSC offers non-repayable scholarships and grants to our students that are awarded on the basis of a variety of factors including financial need, previous academic performance, denominational affiliation and ministry interests. Additional criteria for individual scholarships and grants are listed in the Academic Catalogue, or can be found on the website under Scholarships & Grants, addressing these areas:
Federal Student Loans
WSC is a Title IV participating school through which our students are eligible to participate in the Department of Education Direct Loan Program. This program allows students to borrow up to $20,500 per academic year. Many students also qualify for Graduate Plus Loans and Private Student Loan options. For more information, see the Federal Student Loans page.