At Westminster Seminary California, we teach that Scripture is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative, and sufficient Word of God.We hold that the Word of God is living and active, and is still the greatest need of the world today. Therefore, we are committed to training faithful pastors, teachers, and missionaries who will rightly divide and proclaim the Word of truth--bringing God’s Word to God’s people, thus equipping the body of Christ to carry the Gospel of Christ into the world.
- Educate and form candidates for official, ordained ministries of instruction and leadership in the church as pastors, evangelists, and teachers
- Prepare graduates to meet the requirements for ordination as ministers of the Word, particularly in Reformed and Presbyterian denominations as well as other evangelical churches
- Interpret individual portions of Scripture accurately
- Systematize data into a coherent and comprehensive theology in the light of the history of the church’s reflection on the Word
- Apply theology to the church and to individuals through preaching, witness, leadership, and spiritual nurture
|26 units||Biblical Studies|
|Systematic Theology & Apologetics|
|20 units||Greek and Hebrew Languages|
|20 units||Practical Theology|
|10 units||Church History|
|2 units||Graduate Theological Writing and Bibliography|
|2 units||Historical Theology|
|110 units||Total Units Including Biblical Languages|
Specific course requirements for the Master of Divinity program can be found in the WSC Catalogue.