Experience a Westminster Seminary California Course in Orange County
Are you interested in seminary? Are you a church officer interested in continuing education? Are you a layperson interested in learning more about Church History? This spring, Westminster Seminary California is returning to Orange County. Dr. W. Robert Godfrey, Professor Emeritus of Church History at WSC, will teach a one-credit course titled “Saving the Reformation: Pastoral Theology of the Synod of Dordt” at New Life Fullerton on April 14 and 21, 2018. Registration is available on an audit or credit basis.
CH 550—SAVING the reformation: Pastoral theology of the synod of dordt
W. Robert Godfrey
View full syllabus here
This course will study the background, work, and conclusions of the Synod of Dort. This Synod was the only genuinely international ecclesiastical assembly in the history of the Reformed churches and prepared the first response to the Arminian challenge to Calvinism. The Canons of Dort will be carefully examined to understand their pastoral and theological character. The issues faced by the Synod are perennial in the life of the church and understanding the Canons will help the church in every age.
- Understand the theological background to the Synod of Dort
- Master the teaching of the Canons of Dort
- Appreciate the pastoral usefulness of the Canons
Meeting Times, Dates, and Location
- Saturday, April 14 and 21
- 9.00am – 3.00pm (1 hour lunch break)
- New Life PCA – Fullerton
- 1430 E. Orangethorpe Ave., Fullerton, CA 92831
Registration for CH 550 “Saving the Reformation” is now open!
1) Register as an Auditor (no academic credit) Complete this form to register to audit the course for a special $100 audit fee.
2) Register to Audit as a WSC Alum or Current Student (no academic credit) Complete this form if you are a current (full-time) WSC student or spouse, or a WSC alum, to audit the course free of charge.
3) Apply to take the course as a Visiting or Non-Matriculating Student (for academic credit) This course is available for graduate level academic credit from Westminster Seminary California at the regular tuition rate of $450 (1 credit hour) for students admitted to a WSC degree program or as a Visiting or Non-Matriculating. Student. The deadline to submit an application is April 7th (one week before the course starts). Upon admission, you will be provided with registration information for this course. Current WSC students who wish to enroll in this course should contact Danny Marriott to register.
If you have questions about the course or any of the registration options, you are welcome to contact the Office of Admissions or 888-480-8474 for help.