Master of Arts (Theological Studies)
The ability to know what you believe and why you believe it is crucial to the life of faith. At Westminster Seminary California we believe that rigorous study of theology strengthens and develops in the student a lively knowledge of Christ and his Word, which equips the student to think biblically and to act as becomes a follower of Christ. To this end, our Master of Arts in Theological Studies program seeks to give students the knowledge and skills necessary to systematize and apply biblical truth to the intellectual issues confronting the church and the surrounding culture.
- Enable students to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to systematize and apply biblical truth to the intellectual issues confronting the church and the surrounding culture
- Prepare graduates for graduate research programs in such disciplines as theology, apologetics, and church history or, with further practical training, to use their theological knowledge in such ministries as teaching, missions, counseling, or lay church leadership
- Exegete individual passages of Scripture accurately
- Systematize exegetical, historical, and situational data into a consistent and coherent theology
- Offer a thoughtful defense of Christian theology and explain how this theology applies to an individual’s belief and behavior
|24 units||Systematic Theology & Apologetics|
|8 units||Biblical Studies|
|10 units||Church History|
|2 units||Graduate Theological Writing and Bibliography|
|2 units||Historical Theology|
|52 units||Total Degree Units|
|20 units||Greek and Hebrew Languages|
|72 units||Total Units Including Biblical Languages|
Specific course requirements for the Master of Arts (Theological Studies) program can be found in the WSC Catalogue.