What makes Westminster Seminary California unique?
WSC offers a distinctly Reformed theological education in order to glorify Christ, promote His Gospel, and serve His Church.
The WSC faculty are pastor-scholars who are unified in their understanding of the Bible.
- » Pastors. Our faculty are experienced pastors, active in ministry to local churches.
- » Scholars. Our faculty are accomplished scholars (PhDs), who have contributed to critical areas of biblical, systematic, historical and practical theological scholarship.
- » United. Our faculty are theologically unified by the inerrant Word of God, as summarized by the Reformed confessions of faith: The Westminster Standards and Three Forms of Unity.
- » Diverse. Our faculty represent different denominations within the Presbyterian and Reformed tradition.
The WSC education is a Reformed, rigorous study of God’s Word for the sake of Christ and His Church.
- » Biblical. The WSC education is centered on the inspired, inerrant Word of God, as articulated in the Reformed Confessions of Faith. Therefore, the study of the original languages of Hebrew and Greek is a requirement. Scripture is central in all of our classes, for all of our programs.
- » Personal. WSC is committed to face-to-face education that is fostered by the close community of faculty and students.
- » Purposeful. WSC exists to serve Christ, His Gospel, and His Church by preparing the next generation of pastors and leaders.
- » Accredited. WSC is the only fully accredited, independent, interdenominational Reformed seminary in the Western United States.