Desert Island Books: Rev. John Bales
Imagine yourself on a beautiful desert island. You've unplugged from the digital world. No cellphone, no twitter, no facebook, no radio, and no tv. With you on the island you have your Bible. In addition, you can only take with you five books. Which five books would you choose and why?
In this episode Office Hours talks to Rev. John Bales, Library Director and Lecturer in Theological Bibliography, to find out which five books he would take with him to the desert island.
Rev. John Bales' selection:
- Confessions by St. Augustine
- Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan
- The End For Which God Created the World by Jonathan Edwards
- To Be Near Unto God by Abraham Kuyper
- The Walk, Conversation and Character of Jesus Christ Our Lord by Alexander Whyte
© Westminster Seminary California All rights reserved
Permissions: You are permitted to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do NOT alter the wording in any way and you do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For web posting, a link to this document on our website is preferred.