Desert Island Books: Joel Kim
Imagine yourself on a beautiful desert island. You've unplugged from the digital world. No cellphone, no twitter, no facebook, no radio, and no tv. With you on the island you have your Bible. In addition, you can only take with you five books. Which five books would you choose and why?
In this episode Office Hours talks to Joel Kim, Assistant Professor of New Testament, to find out which five books he would take with him to the desert island.
Prof. Kim's selection:
- Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin
- J. Gresham Machen: A Biographical Memoir by Ned Stonehouse
- Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman
- Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demick
- The Chosen / The Promise by Chaim Potok
© Westminster Seminary California All rights reserved
Permissions: You are permitted to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do NOT alter the wording in any way and you do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For web posting, a link to this document on our website is preferred.