Imagine yourself on a beautiful desert island. You've unplugged from the digital world. No cellphone, no twitter, no facebook, no radio, and no tv. With you on the island you have your Bible. In addition, you can only take with you five books. Which five books would you choose and why? In this episode Office Hours talks to Rev. Joshua Van Ee, Assistant Professor of Old Testament, to find out which five books he would take with him to the desert island.
Rev. Van Ee's selection:
- U.S. Army Survival Manual: FM 21-76
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin
- The ESV Study Bible / The NIV Study Bible
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
© Westminster Seminary California All rights reserved
Permissions: You are permitted to reproduce and distribute this material in any format provided that you do NOT alter the wording in any way and you do not charge a fee beyond the cost of reproduction. For web posting, a link to this document on our website is preferred.