Always Reformed: Essays in Honor of W. Robert Godfrey
Always Reformed, edited by R. Scott Clark and Joel E. Kim, is a collection of essays in honor of the sixty-fifth birthday of our president, professor of Church History, and friend, W. Robert Godfrey. The contributors to and editors of this volume want to communicate our admiration for Bob and his work by trying to elaborate on some theme, question, or area of study that he has pursued in his career. We hope that Bob and the other readers of Always Reformed will enjoy and benefit from reading the essays half as much as we enjoyed and benefited from writing them.
The volume is 284 pages in hardcover and available now through The Bookstore at Westminster Seminary California. Order online or call (760)735-2665.
The table of contents, preface and chapter 11 of the volume are available for download. We recommend that you view these PDFs in Adobe Reader.
Table of Contents (download as PDF):
Preface: Our Man Godfrey—R. Scott Clark (download as PDF)
- Christology and Pneumatology: John Calvin, the Theologian of the Holy Spirit—Sinclair B. Ferguson
- Make War No More? The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of J. Gresham Machen’s Warrior Children—D. G. Hart
- God as Absolute and Relative, Necessary, Free, and Contingent: the d Intra-Ad Extra Movement of Seventeenth-Century Reformed Language About God—Richard A. Muller
- “Magic and Noise:” Reformed Christianity in Sister’s America—R. Scott Clark
- Karl Barth and Modern Protestantism: The Radical Impulse—Ryan Glomsrud
- Reformed and Always Reforming—Michael S. Horton
- Calvin, Kuyper, and “Christian Culture"—David VanDrunen
- History and Exegesis: The Interpretation of Romans 7:14–25 from Erasmus to Arminius—Joel E. Kim
- John Updike’s Christian America—John R. Muether
- The Reformation, Luther, and the Modern Struggle for the Gospel—R. C. Sproul
- The Reformation of the Supper—Kim Riddlebarger (download as PDF)
- Preaching the Doctrine of Regeneration in a Christian Congregation— Hywel R. Jones
- Integration, Disintegration, and Reintegration: A Preliminary History of the United Reformed Churches in North America—Cornelis P. Venema
- Epilogue: The Whole Counsel of God: Courageous Calvinism for a New Century—W. Robert Godfrey
Office Hour Interview with the Editors
The Presentation to W. Robert Godfrey
Comments About the Book