Since 1968, the Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation (CCEF) in Philadelphia, PA has trained God’s people in biblical counseling by exploring the rich wisdom of Scripture and applying it to the complexities of human life. In July 2011 Westminster Seminary California began a partnership with CCEF through which students admitted to a WSC Degree Program or as a Visiting Student may take select CCEF courses via distance education for elective credit toward their WSC degree program requirements. The teaching faculty for these courses have been appointed as WSC adjunct faculty:
- PTC510 Dynamics of Biblical Change (3) David Powlison, Ph.D.
- PTC520 Counseling in the Local Church (2) Timothy S. Lane, D. Min.
- PTC530 Helping Relationships (3) Edward T. Welch, Ph.D
- PTC610 Counseling Problems and Procedures: Topics in Biblical Counseling (3) Edward T. Welch, Ph.D
- PTC710 Theology and Secular Psychology (3) David Powlison, Ph.D.
For general information about CCEF and the content of these courses, consult the CCEF website. Current WSC students with questions regarding enrollment in these courses should contact the WSC Registrar.